Boys & Girls Haven provides training and certification for therapeutic foster parents, and matches them with children in need of nurturing, supportive homes. Our staff members provide ongoing case management, in-home therapy and around-the-clock crisis intervention. Foster parents are offered regular opportunities for respite, and receive payments to help cover each child’s living expenses. Because we believe each child deserves a “forever home,” we work as a team to secure permanent placements for the children in our care.
Our Therapeutic Foster Care Program serves Jefferson,Trimble, Henry, Franklin, Woodford, Anderson, Shelby, Spencer, Nelson, Washington, Marion, Larue, Bullitt, Hardin, Meade, Breckinridge, and Grayson County.
Ideally, prospective foster parents will:
- Demonstrate maturity and stability
- Be at least 23 years old
- Have a sincere interest in fostering children
- Prioritize each child’s well-being
- Be willing to work as part of a treatment team
- Complete required training classes, including CPR and First Aid
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Successfully pass background checks
If you are interested in becoming a foster parent, please call Denise Hutchins, Foster Care Manager, at 502.458.1171 ext 135, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact Jann McKay, Recruitment and Training Manager, at 502.458.1171 ext. 145, or email email@example.com.